Thursday, July 5, 2012

Working It Out

I have become somewhat obsessed with working out in recent times and man it feels good.  I have never had so much energy or felt so strong.  My personal trainer sends me great full body and targeted strength training circuits to do 3 times a week.  That has been incredible and I love the results!  Although it's strength training, a lot of the circuits get my heart rate up enough that it doubles as cardio.  This is my second full week of adding in additional cardio and holy cow I am sore.  But it's wonderful.  Typical week for me:

Monday - Strength training with my trainer at Mode
Tuesday - Barre3 (60 minute class)
Wednesday - 60 minutes of Cardio (elliptical and rowing machine)
Thursday - Strength training (focus on glutes, hamstrings and quads)
Friday - 60 minutes of cardio
Saturday - Rest Day
Sunday - Strength training (focus on arms, shoulders and core)

Here is a sample of my leg workout today with a special focus on the glutes for Summer!


I do 3 sets of 15 reps with no rest time between sets:

Smith Machine Split Squat


Supine Bridge Leg Curls

Dumbbell Sumo Squat

Body Weight Squats - One legged using TRX


Single Leg Kickbacks

I think you should be able to find most of these machines in your gym.  The Body Weight Squats can be done without the TRX bands just by using your own body weight.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment