Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Real Food & Sweat


As I have shared with some of you, I've been making some big changes in my life.  I was tired of feeling mediocre in terms of my nutrition, lifestyle, and ability to workout on a regular basis.  As I'm creeping closer to 30 (I have till August 2013), I've realized that my excuses will never stop on their own.  I am an expert at justifying just about anything, and if I let myself, I could do this for the rest of my life.  However something clicked for me a couple months back and it has put me on a wonderful forward trajectory that is changing my life.  

I knew I had a goal.  I want to change the way I view food and make permanent lifestyle changes that will stick for the rest of my life.  Practically speaking, I want to lose 10-12 lbs of excess weight I have been carrying around the last couple years.  And, no big deal, I want to get into, literally, the best shape of my life.  These are lofty goals for a girl who some might say is addicted to pizza, booze and watching tv shows in her pjs.  

So I decided that I needed reinforcements.  People I was actually paying to keep me in line, hold me accountable and be my cheerleaders.  So I've surrounded myself with an amazing team of experts - my nutritionist Sarah Adler (simplyrealhealth.com) and personal trainer Ben Greene (Mode of Fitness).   It has  been their job now, for the two months, to whip me into shape and teach me how to rethink my body, food, exercise and lifestyle. 

As of today, I have lost 5 lbs and gained a lot of muscle.  I'm working out 4-5 times a week and feeling amazing.  I have so much more energy, feel strong, confident and excited about the future.  This is just the beginning, but I am having an incredible time.  



                                            (My favorite current mantra)



No comments:

Post a Comment