Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Book Bindery



My boyfriend Cord and I have developed a tradition of treating ourselves to a fancy dinner, days before Christmas.  This year we were lucky enough to try the Book Bindery, a restaurant I had been dying to visit for months.  Sadly none of my food photos came out to visually document this lovely meal.  It is always a fine line between wanting to get a great photo and not disturbing fellow diners with a flash.  However, I can describe to you my meal, which exceeded all expectations.  The Book Bindery is one of Seattle's newest hip restaurants on Nickerson Street near the Fremont Bridge.  I expected a fashionable prix fixe menu, or all small plates like all the other new american menus around town.  Surprisingly, Book Bindery isn't doing that, they are going the old fashioned way - starters and entrees.  At first this was a little disappointing, as I like to try as many things as possible.  But boy was I wrong.  I was so thankful to have larger portions of each of the amazing dishes we ordered.

Our Meal - 1/21/2012

Amuse Bouche
Celery Root soup served in a shot glass with black truffle puree

Starters 
Hamachi Crudo - Apple/Pear, Coconut Gelee, Lavosh Cracker
Hudson Valley Foie Gras Terrine - Confit Duck, Pickled Turnips, Apricot Gelee
Maine Lobster Risotto - Parmesan, Black Truffle, Lobster Cream
Wagyu Beef Tartare - Black Truffle, Soy, Truffled Housemade Potato Chips, Deviled Quail Egg

Entree  
Grilled Mishima Ranch "Flavor Curve" -
Lacinato Kale, White Bean Puree, King Trumpet Mushrooms, Bordelaise Vinaigrette

Cord and I tried to think of a better meal either of us have had in Seattle and we couldn't.  This is a special place.  Not only was the food perfectly done, the service was impeccable and the restaurant was stunning.  All in all it was a wonderful experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment